- 15 Minutes (plus 2 hours chilling time)
- 1 Hour
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and zest in a large bowl.
- Dip each croissant half fully into the milk mixture and arrange in the baking dish, overlapping the pieces.
- Pour the remaining milk mixture over the casserole.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Allow the casserole to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and the filling is set.
- Dust with the powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: Day-old croissants work best for this recipe! They will soak up the custard better and yield a firmer texture.