- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
Breakfast is served – but with a fun twist that’s sure to impress Dad on Father’s Day. This recipe for breakfast tacos is filled with your typical tasty breakfast ingredients – eggs, bacon and cheese. However, instead of tortillas, you’ll use frozen waffles instead! Make this dish to treat Dad and then simply for an exciting weekend brunch. After all, once you try this recipe, you and your family will definitely want to eat it again sometime soon.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the bacon strips side by side. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the bacon begins to brown. Carefully remove from the oven and brush the bacon strips with maple syrup. Return the bacon to the oven and continue baking for 3-5 minutes or until desired crispiness. Allow the bacon to cool slightly and then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place 5 waffles on a microwave safe dish and heat on high for 30-45 seconds until waffles are warm and pliable. Repeat with the remaining waffles.
- Turn a muffin pan upside down and fold the waffles into a taco shape. Place between the pan grooves and bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Scramble the egg mixture for 3 minutes and then add the shredded cheese. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until the eggs begin to set.
- Divide the scrambled eggs between the waffle taco shells, sprinkle with bacon and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.