- 10 Minutes
- 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes resting time)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Add the steak to the hot skillet. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until the steak is browned.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until desired doneness (about 10 minutes for medium).
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak rests, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, rosemary and thyme to the skillet and simmer for 2-3 minutes until reduced by half. Add the beef broth and cook for 4-5 minutes until reduced by half.
- Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the red wine sauce over the steak.
Recipe Tip: Allow the steak to come to room temperature before cooking it in the skillet.