November 07, 2022 Comments
- 20 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
Pass on the cost-effective tradition of thumbprint cookies to your little kitchen helpers for less! Featuring a pleasantly crumbly texture and pretty jewel-like jam center, you’d never guess these tasty treats were so affordable. You only need seven ingredients to get started — most of which you probably already have in your kitchen!
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Mix in the salt. Slowly mix in the flour until just combined.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and arrange on the baking sheets, leaving 2-inch spaces between each cookie. Using your thumb or the back of a teaspoon, gently make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Fill each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon of the raspberry preserves.
- Bake, one baking sheet at a time, for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
Substitute: For a variation, substitute the preserves with melted chocolate, chocolate hazelnut spread or lemon curd.
Create Your Display Name